In yesterday’s .Net conference, Microsoft announced ASP.NET Core 2.2 as part of .Net Core 2.2 Preview 2 SDK and Visual Studio 2017 15.9 Preview 2. List of new features looks very interesting. Let's have a gist of those:
- Template updates: This release includes Bootstrap 4 support in ASP.NET Core Web Project templates as well as in scaffold and is the default version for UI, which gives completely new look.
- Supports Angular 6 for SPA based templates.
- Web API related changes are the major improvements in this release and contributes towards much easier and much better Web APIs.
- HTTP/2 support is added for Kestral.
- lIIS in-process hosting model is added for IIS for much better performance and reliability.
- Health checks framework is integrated now to monitor health of APIs and apps.Using this we can make sure that our apps and APIs are live and ready for traffic prone situations.
- New routing system Endpoint routing was brought in, which takes care of several routing problems and performance issues.
- SignalR Java client is added.